Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Homestead, FL
What is an electrocardiogram?
An electrocardiogram (EKG) is a painless test done to record the heart’s electrical activity. This test is done in our Homestead diagnostic clinic. The procedure usually takes between 5-10 minutes to perform. The electrocardiogram will show the doctor how fast your heart is beating, if your heartbeat is steady or irregular, if there exists an underlying condition, and the strength and timing of the electrical signal as they pass through each part of your heart.
Clinicians use EKG tests to detect and study many different heart problems, such as heart failure, heart attacks, and heart arrhythmia. It is also a great aid in detecting other disorders that affect the heart’s normal function. It is also important to have an EKG performed at a younger age to have a comparison as you age.
An EKG test from Ultimate Diagnostic Center can help determine:
- The cause of chest pain – discomforts
- How well heart prescriptions are working
- To make sure there is adequate blood flow
- Identify if walls of the heart are too thick or if heart is enlarged
- Asses how well mechanical devices such as pacemakers are functioning
In need of a EKG test?
Call us today to schedule an appointment. 305-393-8102